Advantages Very heavy, political
Disadvantages none to mention
Avskum are a d-beat/Crust punk or Anarcho Punk band, Mixing a blend of Heavy punk with Thrash metal, They have been around since 1982, And originate from Sweden, their lineup has been consistent with only one major line up change since they began.I have not heard them before this review, a friend lent me the album because of the ezine i write for is interviewing them.
This album covers issues including Capatilism and Nuclear war.
2. Blod Rod - very thrashy, more hardcore than d-beat in this song, the drumming is more solid and precise and alot faster, the guitar is just power chords, singers voice sounds the same as in the first song. I like this but cant understand why.3. State Terrorism - I cannot hear any bass in this song, the guitars are again power chords, i like the "gang vocals" in this song and there is a heavy guitar solo half way through the song, I am quick becoming a fan of this band.
4. Avskum Ingen Manniska ar Illegal - The song has heavy "gang vocals" the guitar is very skilled, the drumming is either looped or repetitive but it all holds together just fine, i like this song but prefer the first 3.5. Girigbukar - There is some heavy drumming to star this song off, the vocals are in a foreign language aswell, sang alot faster. The guitaring has resorted back to power chords and drumming is looped (again) but (again) it works, still prefer the start of this album.
6. Sla tillibaka - The bass is alot more prominent in this song, the riff is heavy and catchy, easy to appreciate, the drumming concentrates alot more on cymbals now, and the lead guitar takes more of a lead role.7. Losers Union - Heavy bass intro, the drumming is now 2 step drumming, more power chord frenzy guitars, ultra heavy feel to this song, im really liking it.
8. I hate your f**cking war song - acoustic start with electric overdrive, the singer sings instead of screaming, this goes into a slow but heavy buildup, lots of swearing and a very angry singer, closes with more acoustics9. Svinens sang - very very heavy catchy guitars, drumming has more energy and more to it, this is by far the best song on the album so far. :-) the bass is so much clearer, there is layered guitar solo's. BRILLIANT!
10. The master and slave system - Back to the old 2 step drumming and power chord s with the occasional switch, Still good and still catchy and it still works i am fully enjoying this album.11. The Punk empowerment - Heavy thrashy start punky style vocals thrashy drums and guitars, nice backing vocals, reminds me of a early metallica but heavier.
12. United states of war - Drum and guitar buildup into the formula which seems to be ever so popular on this album, 2 step drumming and power chord driven guitars, ending the album the way it started, with catchy energy BUT with a face melting guitar solo also :-)
Not everyone in the world appreciates Crust punk, the mix of punk and thrash metal puts a lot of people off, BUT if you are a fan this album is what Crust is all about.Fun catchy full on heavyness! you will enjoy. I DID.
IGNORE comparison to artists other release as i have not heard another album to compare.thanks for reading :-)
|Quality and consistency of tracks|
|Cover / Inlay Design and Content|
|Value for Money|
|How does it compare to the artist's other releases||Good|
|How does it rate alongside the competition||Outstanding|
Attention, this is the first review from this author
Instead of giving a negative rating, consider:
Help this member by giving your advice
Report fraud (for example plagiarism) or other issue with the review to the Ciao support team
Add your comment